MG’s marine energy solutions at METSTRADE 2019
In a few weeks time the annual METSTRADE Show is about to begin, from 19 to 21 November 2019 in Amsterdam. As usual we’ll be there to show you the latest innovations in battery technology. This year it’s all about SMART: smart battery connectivity solutions, smart charging solutions and smart 3rd party integrations.
A sneak preview of the new products and solutions we’ll present:
The new SmartConnect (SC) Batteries are the most intelligent Lithium-Ion batteries available. The technology is based on our proven high energy batteries in combination with our BMS which is the safest and most reliable in the market. The difference with the other battery modules is that an external BMS is not need anymore. Every SmartConnect battery module works independently and connecting multiple SmartConnect batteries in parallel create a redundant system.
This makes it easy to set-up a safe and reliable battery bank without the need of additional components. The high energy density in combination with the SmartConnect technology makes it even more lightweight and compact, which is especially advantageous for smaller battery applications. For larger installations we still recommend the use of our Master BMS with integrated DC busbar, safety contactor and CAN-bus connectivity.
- Easy to install; Only connect the power and CAN-bus cables.
- Redundancy; Multiple batteries in parallel create a redundant system.
- Plug-and-play; No configuration needed.
- Space and weight saving; No external BMS needed.
- Hot-swap; Difference in State-Of-Charge will be solved automatically.
- Auto-detect; Each battery automatically receives a unique ID.
Alternator charger solutions
Integrating modern Lithium-Ion technology in ‘traditional’ systems can cause several common problems, for example: when an old alternator is used to charge the MG Lithium-Ion battery, the alternator can overheat because the internal resistance of an MG Lithium-Ion battery is far lower than in a lead acid battery.
MG now offers two solutions:
- The new alternator current control (MG AltControl 60) for use with a standard alternator 12 V or 24 V with an internal voltage regulator.
- The WS500 integration from the company WakeSpeed. This is an external regulator with a CAN-Bus interface that can be used on larger alternators. We implemented the CAN-bus protocol between the MG Master LV and the WS500 to control the alternator current.
Multi Functional Display (MFD) integration
Combining data on board of vessels and yachts becomes more and more important. A so-called glass bridge, is a screen at the helm panel that shows accumulated and integrated information from all kinds of systems and manufacturers. At MG we’ve now implemented data integration with the most common MFD’s like B&G, Lowrance and Simrad. This will give you the advantage of seeing all battery system data on your MFD, by just plugging in the ethernet connection of our data gateway (MG DGX).
Entire system on display & in action
Our booth will be powered by our battery solution, demonstrating the safe, easy and reliable operation to you.
Come and visit us
Are you curious to see our new products and meet our team? Visit us on November 13 – 15 in the in Amsterdam RAI, booth number 02.200. The METSTRADE Show is the world’s largest trade exhibition of equipment, materials and systems for the international marine leisure industry. We look forward to meeting you at our booth!